I am your typical writer.
- I am often struck with an irresistible urge to perform epic air guitar riffs in the middle of boring phone calls. (I never resist.)
- Farts never fail to make me laugh.
- I am always planning an escape to a foreign country.
- Learning the choreography in the middle of LMFAO’s Party Rock Anthem video is high on my list of Things to Do.
- I have a budget for Post-It notes.
- I consult a lunar calendar to schedule my annual haircuts.
- My standard response to crazy, wild, misguided adventures? YES, PLEASE!
I have been blogging here in various spurts since 2008, focused mostly on writing and writerly things…but then Neil Gaiman made me go to Venice, and my measure of the world blew up exponentially. I decided I wanted to blog about it all: travel, life, music, art — all the things that feed my strange brand of fiction.
So, you can expect to see lots of fun posts on hula hoop wrapping, belly dancing, wild animal encounters, favorite reads, and total shenanigans. I am here solely for your epic entertainment. If you don’t smile, your money back. 😉
And if you enjoy reading short stories, speculative fiction, weird tales, suburban fantasy, creature features, magic realism, ghost stories, supernatural chick lit, and straight-up science fiction with all the trimmings (spaceships, intergalactic travel, colonies, redshirts), then you’re in luck! I writes it.
In fact, now that you’ve brought it up, my first short fiction title Between Friends is now available on Amazon. I think you’ll like it. It’s about an elderly hoarder and her otherworldly roommate and the dark secrets between them. It includes interior illustrations by yours truly, an essay on Ray Bradbury, and a picture of me paying homage to the Far Side lady.