Not only is it encouraging, but it’s motivating to take a moment every once in a while and pile up your daily achievements to see how big of a hill you’ve made. It makes you focus on what you’ve done and not what you didn’t get to. 🙂
- I wrote 28,767 new words. (17,640 of those words were of the novel; 11,127 of those words were short stories.)
- I wrote four new short stories, two of which have been finished (meaning they have received feedback and revisions), one of which is out in the world meeting new people.
- I submitted four short stories, one of those twice…so five submittals total.
- I received one rejection.
- I refocused the blog and posted 10 entries/articles.
- I read half of a research book.
- I completely overhauled all my boxes of writing crap and got everything organized after 20 years…no small feat.
How did everyone else out there do in January? I hope you all kicked my butt! Tell me how you did so I can give a cheer…or a whipping, if need be. 😉